May 29, 2012

Body Skin 2.1 Rear Hatch upgrade - GROOVES

Trimmed the Coin Returns with the Dremel & a file to square off the edges.

Then used P40 resin to fill the gaps I'd made for the hinges.
Once dried, I filed them flat and square.
Also filled in a few of the countersunk screw holes with wood filler.


----------------------

Then marked out in pencil, the rest of the rear panels for where the grooves will go.
Then with a steel rule and my trusty Stanley knife, I scored lightly along the lines to create the grooves, next I found a lath tip tool in work with the right width to be able to 'chisel' out the grooves to depth. And carefully scooped them out.


The first attempt is on the Coin Return....... 
This shows the grooves in a poor light 


It just takes off a thin layer of the hardboard to the depth of the score line. The scoreing and 'chiselling' out on these two panels has taken me over half an hour, well, I don't want to rush.
This is going to be a long job lol

No comments:

Post a Comment