November 27, 2018

New RC Transmitter - Exmitter EX7 + mini review

25.10.18
So, at Optimus Bristol, I had a slight accident with my Optics 6 Sport transmitter. Basically I managed to cross the battery contacts whilst swapping old/new ones over. It turned on but no signal to R5. So the rest of the event, he was shut down for display only.

Really gutted about this as the controller had been really good and it was a gift from a fellow builder friend Colin. Not to mention the additional extra's I'd addded to make it more user friendly.

Never mind.
My next headache then was getting a NEW transmitter, installing and testing/setting it up all before my next event at MCM London. This might not seam like a big deal, but shop  availability isn't good and transmitter choice is limited for me unfortunatly. Due to more financial restrictions, this expense was the last thing I needed.

I did find on tho and picked it up from the shop on the Monday lunchtime.
(Would just like to say thanks to Rob for the loan offer of his spare transmitter until I was mobile again). Got the transmitter home Monday night and got to testing and setting up the transmitter/reciever.

It's a Volantex Exmitter EX7. Link (this is an example, product link)

Volantex Exmitter EX7

It has a 7 channel reviever.
Volantex Exmitter EX7

I wanted to first check it would work ok, so Monday night was just a plug everything in and power up. Then (due to limited free time), Wednesday evening I was able to continue setting up and adjusting the settings.

This post was written before MCM London, so once the transmitter has had it's first outting, I'll write up a report and add it below afterwards.


Swapped over the left stick mask and the stick 'pads'.
James R5-D4 Exmitter EX7James R5-D4 Exmitter EX7


***********************

REVIEW:
Setting up was quite straight forward, once I had the control sticks sussed. Reversing was also really simple to do and the instructions are really easy to follow. The transmitter itself is very light, and after it's first outting at MCM London, there was no wrist ach, which was the reason for the hand strap I fitted to the Optic 6 unit. The sub-trim was easy to set up, again, thanks to the instructions and the fact that once you get the button order, it becomes second nature.
I've not added anything to the other controls yet.

I did have one moment when setting up where the reciever seemed to loose connection with the transmitter??? I was sat right next to R5 and the reciever was in an odd position.....

Nothing bad happened, as I had already set the fail safe positions to zero. This ensure that R5 doesn't carry on in whatever he was doing if the signal is lost.
This is one of the safety features all droids should have in their settings!

The transmitter now has a few event's to it's name and even though it uses four AA batteries, these have lasted well and from the on screen monitor, are still going strong!
I can say this unit gets the thumbs up from me.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, can you tell me a little bit more about your experience with this tx and RX? I cant find any info online about it, other than the sellers info. How did it work out long term? Were you using it for fixed wing or multirotor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are no reviews that I could find at the time. I use it to control R5, so I can't comment on fixed or multi-rotors unfortunately.

      Delete