July 16, 2018

R4-D4 Holoprojector motorised - upgrade 1.0

My friend Paul posted up that he had now fitted his new REON Holoprojector units.

For Astromech members the link for the REON units is here.

These boards are fitted with a colour changing LED and other circuits that also control random servo movements. When re-told about these, I remember reading the articual....four years ago, but because I didn't have any use for it, building an R5 unit, I forgot about it's usefulness. Forward four years and the lightbulb moment came for using it to control R4's holoprojector unit.
Holoprojector
Servo 1 test fitting
Paul was kind enough to let me have one of his control boards as he was getting another for a new project he’s working on. 
Size DOES matter lol
The board won't fit up inside the Holo.....
What to do......I'll have to think about this.....

I will need to print off the two servo holder unit I designed for him. Image below was early design to allow location holes to be drilled to best suit his holo's.

This will get a few changes to the design, cut outs etc. & possibly a new power mounting board too....

No comments:

Post a Comment