July 23, 2018

R4-D4 Holoprojector motorised - upgrade 1.1

Took all the components into work last week, to see what I could do about fitting the REON board up inside my Holoprojector.

After much thinking, I decided that it would be just easier to draw up a new holo which would allow me to fit the circuit board.

Doesn't look much different, it's not, except that the rear hole is now large enough to accept the REON board. Next up was to 3D print it.



After cleaning the holo up, I test fitted it inside the original cowel. With the soft pads inside it was nice and smooth.

I next need to draw up a new bearing holder to fit in the back.


***
Noooooooo, whilst testing the REON unit, the voltage regulator unit failed?' which sent 12volts into the REON unit, releasing the demon of burn circuit smell. Spoke to Paul as thought I may be able to fix the LED, but on further testing....there was no response from it.

Others have had plenty of success with these units, unfortunatly I'm not 100% confident in in using it, no circuit protection, plus I couldn't get the servo to work?? I've decided to go back to my own lighting idea and try to figure out random servo control myself.


***

On a positive note, I made a new lens for the holo, this was because the original tight fitting one.....was just a tad too tight in my new design.

I dug out one of the spare 'fake' cctv plastic domes i had, marked it up and cut it out. A bit of filing the edges and.....one new (not so domed) lens. This will fit on top of the diffuser.

Next up is sanding and filler/primer of the new holo, and drawing up and printing off a new rear, all-in-one /servo holder unit. More on that next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment