September 12, 2012

Body Skin 4.0 - R5D4's different Panel

Some time ago, whilst surfing the net, I came across a post that showed something very interesting. It showed that one of the panels on R5D4, just above the 'coin slots' was different to the one on R2D2's. Builders who are building R2, using the plans, keep this panel blank, even if they 'swap over' components to change their R2 into an R5. But as can be seen in this screen grab, R5  has a recessed panel.

So in the interest of accuracy, well as close as possible with my efforts, I will be adding this recess to my R5.

3 comments:

  1. This is something I pointed out in the Astromech forum some time ago. This panel is also present in the promo photo of R2-D2 (where the utility arms are still white).

    http://i2.cdnds.net/11/36/618_movies_star_wars_c_3po_r2_d2.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes mate, it was you who I have to thank for this little gem! :) Thanks for your original posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's the link to the original info I used :)

      http://r5d4.blogspot.co.uk/2011/01/friends-everywhere-changing-hats.html

      Delete