March 06, 2021

Life-form scanner - R4-D4 - part 18

Re-wire switches:

The two switches that I had, just inside the opening of the dome, needed to be relocated to just clean up everything. These switches controlled the 'fake' electronics panel LED's as well as the Holoprojector light LED.

Am thinking that the Holo LED will be controlled in the future via a remote, to increase it's brightness when needed.

.....next up....

Painting of parts:

I had applied filler primer and once dried, sanded lightly the components for the LFS system.

I wasn't 100% sure what colour would be best for the internal components of R4's dome, but as I had already sprayed the lid panel matt black. I decided that the main inside panel would work better this colour than say white.


The lower servo lift was also sprayed up black.
The servo cover & LFS screen, both got silver paint. The internal panels and top, got a dusting of silver to help highlight the details.

The screws I had inserted to keep paint out of the threads, I decided to keep, as they blended in better than the clean versions.

I then applied a clear coat and then some black to add to the weathered effect. The orange primer also appears to show through in some places. This isn't as bad as I first thought lol, as it actually looks like sand in the crevices etc..... result!

I then installed it all in the dome.


The bracket can be seen installed. Up next is finishing off the electrical install and then the Pololu controller and electrical hook up.

No comments:

Post a Comment