January 13, 2024

Welding machine: part 1

Welding was something my Dad did for a job and also for enjoyment, creating things. Back then he would have used a stick welder, later becoming proficient in MIG & TIG as well as larger equipment for his job.

He worked for a few companies:
  • Welded Tanks (gone now, was by Templemeads train station).
  • Ashton Gate.
  • Fulton Boilers.
I was taught how to weld in my first year at college. But I learned a lot later from watching my Dad.

I have thought about getting a welding machine over the years, it’s definitely something that would come in handy lol. Then just before Christmas, my friend Paul said he was going to be selling the one he had been left by a friend of his, as he wasn’t likely to ever use it, what with time and learning. So after some thought, I said I would have it.

With the recent passing of my Dad, and inspection of his old garage, there’s a lot that needs clearing out……mostly metal lol. So I'm hoping to be able to make use of it.
There are a few things that require a welder, so this will definitely come in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment