February 19, 2020

Electrical System Update 2020 - 1.2 cable tidy

Having ordered some more red power cable to reach from R5’s right leg to the Sabertooth speed controller. I spent a few nights soldering connectors, heat shrinking them and connecting everything back up, step by step.

The angled socket for the right side was also installed.
xt60

Next up I wanted to tidy them all up. I was never happy with the spaghetti mess before, so I ordered some protective cable guard. This stuff is great as it expands to allow the cable through, even with connections on. I then used heat shrink to close the open ends.
Here’s a ‘BEFORE’ picture:
new wiring
See below pictures for ‘AFTER’.

I’ve not heat shrunk all the terminals yet as i’ll do this once all the electrical testing has been done.
Really happy with how things are looking so far.
xt60, cable sheathed


sheathed cables
I still need to sort out 12v distribution from the regulator (grey finned box, bottom of picture, yellow & black cables coming out of it).

The dome motor controller location.
New power cables for the dome motor.
Power for the trade card dispenser too.

No comments:

Post a Comment