July 27, 2018

R4-D4 Holoprojector motorised - upgrade 1.2

After three 3D printed attempts to get the offset right, the rear holo cowel/servo holder (orange piece in picture) fits nicely. I drew it up to match my previous servo holder, but now to hold two.

It required minimal clean-up and only fixing holes to be drilled.
holoprojector

This picture shows, the assembly of parts I've CAD drawn up and 3D printed. To aid the movement, I use the same as others have which is cutting up a 'Better Breath' anti-snore strip. These work great!
The end tabs (in red box) are the parts I cut off to use.
I also needed to draw up a new bearing holder, the small dark blue splined item in above picture. This just required a slight file around the outside edge to allow it to fit snugly inside the holoprojectors rear opening.
Holoprojector
The slot allows the holder to expand to accept the bearing, and this causes the holder to expand slightly for a tight fit in the holo's rear opening. The outside diameter did get a slight file around it to make it easier to remove from the rear of the holoprojector.

I didn't take any pictures before these test pictures below, but I will later as I have to remove to spray up the new holoprojector.
Holoprojector
 The orientation of the servo arms is not final, this is just how they were when fitted.

Holoprojector

I'm looking at some new LED units, this one below is one I had from before, retesting it's use, which requires me to CAD up a new holder for it.
Holoprojector
The two other LED units will be here in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment