January 27, 2013

Body Skin 4.6 - R5 see's red :D

Well, before we get to the red. I needed to finish off with white around the rear Octagon Port. So I masked & blanked it off and sprayed up white.
 
It does need another coat as the grey primer can just still be seen to the right of the port.
 
Then it was onto the good stuff :D
I've been itching to spray up the two front/side recessed panels in red!
So on went the masking tape and news paper, and then on went the paint.
Look at the glossy shine :D lol
(only for it to be dirtied up later on hahaha)
 
Then, I masked off and sprayed up the other side panel.
 
Due to my recessing skills or lack of them, some of the 'side walls' weren't as deep all the way around the edges.
This then meant that the masking tape allowed some of the red paint to bleed out onto the main white panels.
I was a bit disapointed at first, but re-assured myself that once the 'dirt/oil' = (black paint) was applied all [most] of this would be covered up.
 The Utility Arms are still covered up, and will do until ALL the painting, including clear coat has been applied.
----
I also started on the first of the last three panels.
So I scored and grooved out the lower rear vent with pocket. A light sanding of the grooves before applying watered down PVA glue to seal the surface.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment