June 19, 2012

Body Skin 2.8 - R5D4's Red Painted Panels


Red spray paint, just like R2D2's blue, there is no specific choice for R5's distinctive red colour. R2 has different 'shades' of blue throughout the films and even scenes!
The closest match favoured by other R5 builders I've read about, is
As used on this R5D4 unit built by Victor Franco's No2 'convertible' R2 Unit.

Another colour choice suggested is Rust-Oleum's Cardinal Red suggested by another builder on the UK R2D2 Builders Club forum.

Well, before I committed to my original choice, I bought a small can of Plasti-Kotes metallic Red spray paint to try out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Re-masked area off for spraying with red.


Not to bad a colour shade. I just need to tidy up the edges, and then cover it all over with dirt! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment