October 17, 2024

Flag Banners: DIY Build (not yet completed)

April 2024:
I had an idea to utilise a load of PVC tubing i had in the garage. By turning them into flag banners. I went with the pivoted top that would move in the winds direction, hopefully preventing it from being blown over.

So I drew up and 3D printed the top piece first to check for size.

When I got home, I tested it out, i then drilled through the banner arm, and secured it to the pivot top with pop rivets.
As an example I knocked up this to see what it would look like.

Thinking I might need a bottom arm to hold the banner down.

I did drew up some rings and 3D printed them for the flag pole for the banner to be attached to, but I think the arm is a better option.

Spoke with the group about printing double sided & looked online, not very cheap though. Then I found a shop on Amazon, considerably cheaper!
Messaged Mike if he could modify a higher resolution image, he said leave it with him…..

I found that the PVC tube was a bit too flexible, but I found some smaller diameter tube which fitted perfectly inside, which helped with rigidity.

I drew up an angled bracket to help support the top arm.

October 2024: not yet completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment