March 05, 2022

Solo - a Star Wars story - Irradiator Illumination Bank 3D printing Part 4

Printed the main handle.

This will all be glued together. I drew up some clips to secure the upper opaque light band from being pushed inwards by fingers. These will be glued in once painting is completed.
I will notify via Twitter (its automatic) when uploaded. So either follow me on Twitter @JamesR5D4 and/or over on Thingiverse or now on the Prusa site 😎👍

I was also asked by a builder over on the www.astromech.net forum, if I could upload files to the Prusa 3D hosting site, as Thingiverse has become even more unusable in recent weeks 😟😞
So I have signed up and created a profile there. See link above.


So, I picked up some paint and started spraying up the two main parts.
I wanted two areas to be this lighter colour. Easier to mask these off later than vice verser lol. So the ‘coupling’ section and the lower left panel were painted this silver colour.

The main body will have to wait for the next can as i used up the first can spraying up the top part.
It looks darker in this picture but it’s actually a deep blue. Different, but once weathered it will look great. I ‘dust’ sprayed with the silver colour over.

Picked up another can and sprayed up the base in work again using the spray booth. This paint is great!!!


It drys REALLY quickly!!!

More build progress coming…..

No comments:

Post a Comment