September 26, 2019

Vintage Futaba 'Ripmax' M4 & M6 for R5-D4 - 1.1 - Crystal Hatch

Back in 2016, I purchased two Futaba transmitter controllers, similar to the ones seen used on set of Star Wars to control R5-D4 at the Lars Homestead.

Click link for my original post:
Vintage Futaba 'Ripmax' M4 & M6 for R5-D4 - 1.0

These two controllers didn't come with antenna's and neither of them came with crystal hatch covers, as can be seen in this photo I found online.
Futaba, Ripmax transmitter
So after much searching online, with no success, I decided to 3D draw one up.
I only had this image from a manual as to what the underside of the hatch looked like, but I did have the transmitter, so was able to get dimensions to start designing.
Futaba - crystal hatch - instructions

My first version, fitted, but the width was tight & the catch tab was too long, so version two, was modified as the picture below.
Futaba crystal hatch
This fitted width wise, but I still needed to redesign the position of the catch tab a bit more. Below is version 2. I also added the text to match the first picture (not 100% accurate font).

Next post will have version 3.....

No comments:

Post a Comment