October 03, 2018

Littlebits - Star Wars Droid Inventor Kit - pt 4 (2018)

R5-D4 3D print

It's almost a year since I last posted up about creating an R5-D4 dome for the Littlebits astromech. I had done some work since, but as it was still a work in progress so I didn't post anything up. Earlier this year I signed up to www.thingiverse.com to upload some of my work to share. My link is www.thingiverse.com/James_R5D4

This is just a representation of R5's dome, scale is roughly that of the Littlebit's R2 dome. The last print attempt failed, but that was OK, as the bottom ring was used to check the fit of the dome onto the body location ring.

I posted up images yesterday on my Instagram account and after a bit more work this morning, I've almost finished the build.
R5-D4 3D print
New dome features
R5-D4 3D print
New dome side rod
R5-D4 3D print
New rear dome rod
I redid the pie panels, now filled in & also added recessed areas for where the antenna & motivator will fit.
R5-D4 3D print
Antenna & Motivator sockets

I'll post up again once the last two parts have been drawn up. Not sure if to add these as one piece dome or as three seperate parts (dome, antenna, motivator), for ease of 3D printing orientation.

No comments:

Post a Comment