January 29, 2016

Han Solo costume for my Son....... E-11 Blaster 1.0

My Son already has a Han Solo blaster toy from a few years ago to Disney in the USA.

I am glad that he agreed to this costume version as I didn't want to modify his blaster by spraying it up. So I'm on the hunt for an E-11 Hasbro that I can modify, spray up. It won't be screen accurate, but he won't have to worry about dropping mine or the weight etc.



Some spray paint, plus a folding stock upgrade and it will be suitable, safe and sturdy enough for him.

UPDATE:
Searching on eBay & on costume shops, my hunt for a Hasbro Stormtrooper blaster proved fruitless. Either silly amounts of money [when it's going to get modified anyway] or all the costume & toy shops no longer stock or sell them.
The new Rebel 'Nerf' 2 in 1 blaster, which is half clone?/half E-11 style blaster is now the preferd toy sold.

I have put the 'word out on the street lol, if anyone's knows where one could appropriate said blaster lol.

But not one to hang around, I got to cutting up wood for the handle.

This will be the third E-11 I've built. My first I made, I eventually sold as was considering selling my Armour. I didn't get round to selling it and later was asked to wear it for an event, so had to make another one.
First Blaster I made

~~~
Found some 18mm thick off-cut ply in the garage. Printed off a temple and got to cutting it out. Filing and sanding belt got me here so far.


.....Next I'm thinking of cutting out some hand grips, but this may go beyond the 'basic/weight' build I'm planning, we'll see.


Busy family weekend, so probably not much more progress now till next week.....

No comments:

Post a Comment