February 02, 2013

Battery Box No.1 - 1.2 Curve Update

Right, I did some quick thinking the other night about how to 'build' the curves.
As I wanted it to be strong and curved :D.
So I cut the curved piece of pipe that wasn't the right size diameter [radii] down into strips.
They still have a partial curve which once all done won't show up :)
R2D2 Battery Box

I pre-drilled and slightly counter bored the holes in the pipe and used panel pins to hold the curved pieces onto the ends.
I later used my sanding drum on the dremel to level the heads that weren't flush.
I then applied P40 resin to the inside to add strength.
Then, as can be seen in the top & next picture, I applied wood filler in gaps & edges.
R5D4 Battery Box
 
And of course, no post would be complete without a mock-up  picture.....or two....lol.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment