February 01, 2013

Battery Box No.1 - 1.1


Found  my last piece of 8mm thick ply. On this i marked out the four ends i'll use for the battery box's. And the extra pieces that extend out from the front face. I'll double up the 8mm to get the correct thickness.
Cut up the main pieces
I spent over 2hr in garage last night, working on this. I finished cutting out the first four pieces for the end face. I Counter sank 4 screws (2 each end). Cut out a side piece [see photo below] & used panel pins to hold it in place, but the pins got pulled through, the panel wasn't very well supported at the time. 
Next the pipe i had cut in half was to small to stretch over the larger radius of the end plates. So couldn't use it. Then tried scoring lines on a thin piece of board to help it to bend to the curve, but even with score lines, it still wouldn't bend properly. So still undecided as to what to use!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment