June 29, 2012

Body Skin 3.4

Finished off recessing another panel the other night.
Only took an hour to 'slice' the wood off to depth LOL.
Then once sanded to get rid of the fibres [bottom left picture], I applied PVA glue [middle picture], then with a paint brush and water [right hand side picture],
painted the PVA all over the recess.
Once dried it was all sanded over again and wood filler applied to areas to smooth over.


Whilst waiting for this to dry I got to work on filling in the gap around the should disc. This was caused by misalignment of marking to where the actual shoulder disc should of gone. (I'll know better for the other one). I'd wrapped cardboard around the edge of the disc and then masking tape to stop the resin coming out. I then applied the first coat.


I also screwed the Restraining Bolt bracket onto the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment