May 13, 2012

R5-D4's Body Skin 1.7 [Power Coupler 1.4]

Sprayed coin returns 1 & 2 (of 3) silver. Found the white made the silver appear lighter, better than the grey primer.

Sprayed up the second Power Coupler blue. Masked off the main part and sprayed. The internal parts I again, painted with a small brush. I then 'dirtied' up both with black paint. Which gives the same effect as on my Restraining Bolt. I cut out the lower rear panel, square hole, to accept the rear Power coupler and also the third coin return opening [left of picture].
Rear Power Coupler
Front Power Coupler

I sprayed a few clear coats on the first lower side flat panel.

2 comments:

  1. It's looking good! I've been worrying about painting me resin pieces and how good it will look, but yours shaping up very nicely indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks James. I was originally going for the smooth, clean look, but I'm now going with the 'cover up my mistakes with dirt' approach lol

    ReplyDelete