April 10, 2012

R5-D4 Body Skin 1.1


Finished converting imperial to metric on the drawings, to be able to transfer them onto the board. I broke the plans up into sections that would fit to leave a section for a 'rear door'.


I've had the board strapped tight round the frame, I then removed it so, I could cut the board to correct body length. He looks much more like an Astromech being built now. Then I drew on the 'sections a b c' onto the board, Rear panel, Front panels, Rear panel. Lined up the skin dimensions with 'my' leg holes to make sure everything would line up correctly.


Marked & drilled holes through skin into frame up-rights.




Cut out sides for lower flats & fitted first one in place. Also the L.D.P. (Large Data Port) then, the coin return hole, for front & the recess for front pocket vent.
Made up a cardboard template for the recessed part of the coin returns. Make them out of metal or wood?

No comments:

Post a Comment