February 14, 2012

Leg Assembly 2.2 - Hub hole

After several more coats of white paint, all over, the leg is now looking like the real thing!

I clamped a piece of wood in the vice, I then clamped the leg onto this. Placed some thick cardboard between the leg and the clamp to protect the paint work.

Next I drilled holes inside the area to be cut out for the Shoulder Hub to fit into. I then started to use my dremel fitted with a sanding drum to finish off the circle to size.

I started to sand the edges round. But my last sanding drum wheel broke. So that's all for now.
I still need make another counter sunk hole for the Hub to fit into. Have ordered an Adjustable Circle Hole Cutter Power Drill Bit Tool Saw to help with this next step. It will also save me time when making the second legs, hole cut out.

No comments:

Post a Comment