May 04, 2021

Remote/wristband 'communication devices'

A while back I posted up that I had designed a clip mount remote control fob holder for R5’s ‘Bad Motivator’.
The idea being that it could be glued/Velcro’d to the transmitters rear, allowing hand’s free’ish control of the remote.

Well with all the new 3D models I’ve been drawing up, one of them was a version of a communication wristband from Solo.

The purpose of this was purely as a costume prop, but I soon realised that it could actually be of use as a remote control wristband holder.

So I started changing design dimensions to suit the stripped down remotes internals and the first 3D printed version came out great!
(I just need to design a front cover/panel for the buttons)
This version, above, has had a few more alterations, like a retaining lip and also a location for a Brass insert to be fitted to secure the front panel.

Next was to modify this second design version to suit the other remotes. This version I also drew up the cover/panel at the same time as the wristband.

And here it is......version 1....
The two holes on raised pads are for screws to secure the front panel on, via brass inserts.

I did some more alterations to accommodate the four button remote control I have. This version required the cover/panel to be more raised as this remote has raised, tactile switches, compared to the low profile, metal contacts of the above version circuit board. To combine the fitting of the cover/panel, the main wrist holder, now has a 'lip' for the panel to slid under. This helps secure the front better and requires only 1 screw.

The above picture shows them pre retaining lip and retaining screws.

The four button remote has been the hardest to get right. I've gone through more test prints on this version than any of the others.

I've also increased the 'shell' thickness to hopefully increase the strength of the wrist strap slots.
The 3D printing with increased shell thickness and a new curved strap slot, have made them stronger.
I’ve posted up a short video on my YouTube channel. Click the picture below to view link:

I’ve ordered some Velcro (as I couldn’t find my stash), this will be for the straps.

No comments:

Post a Comment