January 02, 2021

Mini project: Toolbox Display banner carrying straps

 Back to cutting & sewing.

As mentioned in previous post, I wanted something that could hold R5’s display banner to the toolbox for ease at events. I did a few sketches and settled on this simple design. I only have one display, but this can be extended to two, possibly three, depending upon the weight.

Dug out the strap webbing I had bought for the dome bag project. This was used for the handles. Took some measurements and started cutting up & stitching them together.

And here is the start of ...... ‘it’.....

Toolbox banner straps

Did some more planning and then added the second strap. Double stitch by hand for this test piece.
Toolbox banner straps
Ordered some pieces as I couldn’t put my hands on items I know I have....stored somewhere lol. I did find them eventually, but they were just leftovers lol only one side of the snaps.
Snaps for Toolbox banner straps
New ones coming soon. Next was making the second strap parts of this project......
I measured up a length and then cut up two  small ‘loops’. These will be for the main strap. They are stitched together and fixed in place on the main strap.
Toolbox banner straps
The banner bag wouldn’t be in place when wanting to open the toolbox. And the straps move and don’t restrict the lid opening.

The snaps came today, so got on with fitting them.
Snaps fitted to lower strap

And this is the lower strap in place.
Snaps fitted and lower strap installed

Next then was to fit the upper strap and mark the single snaps location. And here it is.
Upper strap snap fitted and installed

And here’s the finished banner holder fitted on the toolbox.
Straps fitted with banner in place


Really happy with how this has turned out. Next is to modify the design to accommodate multiple banners.

No comments:

Post a Comment