December 11, 2020

Utility arm UPPER socket screen


As mentioned in previous post, I needed an upper utility arm socket screen. I CAD reversed the 3D files and had to do some height changes, as due to my wood build, the dividing shelf between the two utility arms & the Large Data Port, mean less height than the lower section.

I made a design change to remove the opening for the Trading Card Dispenser, and some other alterations so it differed from the lower screen.

Started the print Sunday afternoon around 3pm (UK time), layer height of 0.4, and it eventually finished Monday morning 9am (UK) lol. 17hrs 39mins.

Forgot supports

I had supports on but only touching build plate.... I think?? So apart from one ‘not seen area’ the print came out great!

First few layers

Not sure if bed or extrusion needs adjusting as I get this on the first few layers of the print. Nothing a knife can’t sort but still lol. It was extrusion, wasn’t hot enough for the initial layers.

After cleaning up work, it was time for primer/filler painting. Once dried, a bit more cleaning up before top coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment