December 20, 2020

A Life-form scanner for R5-D4 - Part 6

 Design, 3D print, test fit.....& repeat lol.

All the bits fit so far, but I need to fit a second guide rail. I ordered another aluminium tube section to run parallel with the main one. This means more redesigning and printing of 3D parts, which I’ve already done.

The pulley cord arrived and a test of it showed it worked, but I needed to change the way it fixed to the winch wheel drum. I also needed to redesign the main holder and the bottom servo holder bracket. These are on the printer being printed.

For the scanner screen, I drilled some small holes in it and added white covered wire.

Life form scanner - screen with wires

These will be glued in place later. Need to look at LED’s next.

A test of the pulley setup worked well, but the aluminium tube wall may cause problems as it is easily bent. This caused the guides to not run smoothly and the servo connection to the tube, broke. But this is all part of the design process.

No comments:

Post a Comment