December 23, 2020

A Life-form scanner for R5-D4 - Part 7

 Fine tuning the design of the lower servo holder & the servo/tube connector.

The new normal sized servo's holes were NOT the same as my previous one, so needed to be slightly moved. I added the slot in the support for the support tube and also added splines for point contact only. Both of these will be getting re-printed again.

The pulley wheel got a new version printed, happy with how it turned out and that it works.....of course it works lol :D

Then this morning Royal Mail pulled their finger out and I received the micro switches, second aluminium tube AND.......

........the Pololu servo control board, from Hobbytronics!

Pololu 6ch servo control board

So after the re-prints, it's onto the electronics, tho I will be looking/designing a holder for the board and the electronics. Thingiverse came up trumps again, case will be printed later. I'll also post up pictures of the full assembly.

No comments:

Post a Comment