February 13, 2019

Littlebits - Star Wars Droid Inventor Kit - pt 6 (2019)

So yesterday on my lunchtime, I had a look at the 3D drawing of the dome. I had done some upgrades since I had last printed (and it failed), but I wanted to look at splitting the dome into two parts. This would save on 'support' material (needed) to support the top area, which may of led to the print failer on the last attempt.
r5-d4, littlebits, r2d2
R5 dome for the Littlebits R2D2 droid
And here's the lid. It has a lip to locate onto the main body.
r5-d4, littlebits, r2d2

Images also on my Instagram 'james_r5d4' account

I left the antenna on, and again, I'll see how well this prints as it may be easier to print it as a seperate item.

You can see from this next image the differences & improvements made.
Also the motivator hole was in the wrong place, this I've removed from the updated version.
r5-d4, littlebits, r2d2

I've tried to make this as simple as possible as it is just for fun. I'll post up both the two part and the single part dome on my Thingiverse account once I've printed the two part dome.


To get instant notification of when this is uploaded,
as my Thingiverse account is linked lol,
follow me on Twitter @jamesr5d4

No comments:

Post a Comment