November 27, 2018

3D printed Y spliter for smoke system - TEST 1

I drew up and 3D printed up the 'Y' splitter as I wasnted to see if the idea would work. Last week I got time to try it out.

My current system setup runs on 6volts, this was mainly due ot the air pump I have, which at the time I could only find at this voltage. I drew up and 3D printed a new 'dual' support bracket to hold two e-cig catomiser units. I also printed off another of my collars to fit around the e-cig base. I then connected up the plastic tubes to them and the pump and test fired it all up.


Click this picture
or the following link
for the
You Tube short video.

Here's some pics.
 

As you can see in the video the unit works, though I perhaps was expecting more lol.

Next.....just as something to try.....I plumbed in a second air pump to power the second e-cig unit.

This made a slight difference, but not as much as I would like lol.

I've got some new bits on order to try a few more ideas. There are a few people now building for sale of this type of unit, so this is still just a fun 'upgrade' project for R5. If this is of help to you then that's a positive bonus to my trial and error work.

No comments:

Post a Comment