March 14, 2014

R5 assembled......but centre foot wheel issues......

Got home last night and got to fitting R5's second (first) leg, back on him. No problems. Fitted his foot and battery box, no problem. Then comes the tricky part lol, fitting his centre foot!

Fitted his centre leg & foot, but that's when the tipping issue arose.
From what I can see/figure out, the new wheel has moved the centre balance point up which causes problems with the leg angle to foot pivot point. I only have the ankle bolt to lock in place, but as soon as I tried to move him, the wheel assembly just tilted backwards [right pic].
So I removed the larger wheel and (still having the old one, pictures below) swapped it over.
I was worried about ground clearance, but am still using the new brackets and it's OK, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment