March 03, 2013

Battery Box No.1 - 1.5 - Battery Straps

Started making the battery straps on Saturday. Started on just the two then thought I might as well make all four up at the same time. So after working out HOW I was going to make them, I started by cutting up four lengths. I then cut some 3mm thick hardboard to size for the top 'box' section. These were glued in place with PVA glue to the sides [pic below, two on the far right]. Next came the side angled pieces.
These were angle cut then the backs were filed to an angled point.

The front was then filled in with another 3mm piece of hardboard, before wood filler was applied all over to make level [the two on the left of pic].

I only had time to make a start on one of the bottom pieces [far left of pic].
So far, it's not looking to bad :)
R2D2 Battery Box Straps


No comments:

Post a Comment