February 07, 2013

Outer Feet - 1.6 - Display Feet internals

Untill I can afford motors etc for R5. He will need something to 'take the weight of his feet' when being displayed lol :D
So this is what I've come up with.

I made a cardboard template to fit inside foot shell. Transferred it onto 18mm thick wood. Cut out the three parts & with counter punk holes, screwed them together. Now, as i don't want anything to go wrong by using plan dimensions, as my build is slightly unique lol. I made another template of the leg bolt hole and measured it. This dimension i then transferred onto the temp foot internal's. I then drilled one hole dia 10mm on one side and a dia 12mm hole on the opposite side. The 12mm hole then had an M10mm t-nut fitted.

 Photo no.2 shows where I had to remove material from the edge, this was due to the bonding of the panels.

No comments:

Post a Comment