December 15, 2012

Outer Feet 1.0 - C.A.D. design work

Been meaning to do this for a while, just not had the free time. I drew up the Centre Foot in Inventor 3D, it's a Computer Aided Design program.
 
This is because the plans are dimensioned as if you were measuring a completed object and not how they should be, which, is as if each piece was dimensioned as an individual component.
 
I made this mistake when following the plans to make the Centre Foot! So I drew up the centre foot to compare these dimensions to that of my own, then I drew up the Outer foot so that these will be built to a similar size/scale to the Centre Foot.
Most builders probably don't have this issue as they buy the foot sheel's pre-moulded.But for us building from scratch builders, it's not very helpfull :)
3D Inventor image of Outer Foot shell
 

No comments:

Post a Comment