July 09, 2012

Large Data Port - 1.1

I already had a piece of MDF cut out that was going ot be the top section for the top Utility Arm location. This fitted nicely and will probably be screwed to the top ring. Am thinking I won't be cutting the ring thickness down [underside, up] so that you could see through the L.D.P into R5. Will probably go with the perforated metal, sprayed black.

So I marked the angle to be cut on the MDF piece, which I'll be calling the lower lip piece. Then using my mini saw, I stared hacking away lol.



L.D.P. Large Data Port
Lower angle for Large Data Port [L.D.P.]
I sanded it a bit smoother, before applying watered down PVA glue.
This hopefully should harden the exposed MDF up a bit.
I'll smooth over with wood filler in places that need it later on.

I also measured and marked up the top piece of the L.D.P.
To be cut out of 8mm thick plywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment