January 03, 2012

Leg Assembly 1.9 - Leg Groove & Ankle Slot

Sanded and added more wood filler to curved ankle faces. Mainly to hide the wood grain!!

I marked out the position of leg 'groove' with a straight edge. Then I clamped it on as a guide for my dremel with router attachment. It produced a realy clean groove. I then moved the guide around onto the other three sides. I used my '9901 tungstan carbide cutter' (for metal use), as it is all I had.

Worked on leg stabiliser holes. Removed excess wood filler. Primer applied to leg groove and rear leg section.


Cut out ankle slot. Scored the outline, then 'chiseled' out, I use this term loosly lol. Next I
cleaned up with my dremel router attachement, then applied wood filler.
see Ankle Cylinder update for explanation of this pic

No comments:

Post a Comment