November 22, 2011

Leg Assembly 1.3


Noticed, after drilling the hole for the Ankle bush, that the wood filler had cracked slightly along the join lines. So drilled some more counter-sunk holes and fixed in screws along the leg section, around the shoulder and two more through the bottom of the ankle. I then applied more wood filler.


picture of back face with extra screws
Time: 1.5hrs


Whilst I was working on the ankle wedge sides, I took the opportunity to drill and press fit the Ankle bush into the centre leg [below].
Bush fitted into centre leg ankle

2 comments:

  1. Hi James, looking good. Where did you source the ankle bushes? Tried a few places, but no joy unless specially made.
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andre, yes, I made them myself. Found some 12mm dia bar and drilled a 10mm dia hole up the middle (work's lathe). Then after drilling hole in ankle, used a vice to press the bush(s) in.

    ReplyDelete