November 10, 2011

Curved Ankle pieces


Took into work today the length of wood that I used last time to create my curved ankle pieces.
I marked and cut the angle, 35 degs and length, which is just over 4 inch's, bout 101mm.


As you can see I've cut out three pieces. This is because I need to use wood filler on the legs to square them up. Once that's done, I can place the [to be] curved pieces in position and cut the third piece to the correct width to finish of the curve.





Positioned the 'block' onto the ankle plate & marked the curve onto its back face.
I then counter sunk two holes & screwed through with two screws (temp long ones).

Block with template and marked curve.

Slot marked onto front, just for reference.

I then cut off the excess and sanded the curved shape.


Curved piece part 1


No comments:

Post a Comment