February 24, 2011

R5's Head frame, Ankle Cylinder's, Motivator and Braided Hose.....

Looked to day at how to construct R5's head. There are loads of ideas from Aluminium spun to Styrene constructions. Not 100% sure my route, but thought I'd start planning it out. Found an idea to create a skeleton frame that the outside walls would wrap around. As this project is going to be budget orientated, it looks like a sound idea.

Converted imperial dims to metric for the Ankle Cylinders today. Looked at what material to make them from. Plastic tube with plywood ends or aluminium ones. Or just make them all out of aluminium bar, from the scrap bin in work ??? I think I'll go with this as I feel then like I'm doing something instead of just 'thinking' what to do next lol.

Have also been thinking about R5's 'bad motivator'. Searching for pics info on what it looks like, but both are very limited.....

Also found some Braided Hose in a Wickes catalogue. These might just be suitable, but will have to see them in the flesh first.

No comments:

Post a Comment