June 07, 2018

Solo - Odeon cinema card 3D printed display stand

I had a spare Solo card from the recent Milton Keynes event, so took it into work for my desk area. This got me thinking, why not 3D print a stand for it??

Then a fellow builder had been going to see Solo multiple times and had been asked to pick up the card set for other members lol. So I thought, why not make a stand to hold all four cards.
Solo a star wars story
So I drew up a simple display stand in AutoCAD Inventor. Unfortunately my works 3D printer bed is too small to print as one piece, so I had to cut it up into two. Which they then snapped together, for a perfect fit.

Here's the first piece with two cards slotted in place.
Solo a star wars story
They are a nice snug fit, not loose, but also not to tight that you have to force them in. There was a bit of lifting off the bed on this first print.

Here's an above view.
Solo a star wars story

Then it was on with printing the second side.
Solo a star wars story
The simple, copy and save as second side lol. They snap together perfectly, more luck than expert engineering tho :D

And here are the tow pieces clicked together with just the one card, forgot to bring in the others to work.
Solo a star wars story

I kept the one piece version as well,
so will be posting up both onto my
Thingiverse
account if anyone wants to display their cards. Thanks for viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment