October 17, 2024

Trading Card Dispenser: WIDE version

December 2023:
Mike’s card maker, unfortunately, don’t always cut them to the same tight tolerance, so in the past I’ve had to trim them down to fit in the TCD unit.

This isn’t really practical lol so I decided to make a second WIDE version of the TCD to allow for this. I couldn’t just increase the size in Cura, as this would mess with all the other dimensions.
So the cartridge inside width was increased and the main body’s slot opening was also increased slightly.

I 3D printed off a full set from the files & assembled them, cannibalising motor parts & spring plate from an older model.

January 2024:
Testing the new version and it worked.


-----


October 2024, I'll be uploading this version to my Prusa account in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment