October 17, 2024

Events Media display unit - idea

August 23rd 2023

Having the huge tv screen at our Mshed event, reminded me to sort out a smaller more portable unit for other events.

And the best reminder is when your works IT are scrapping off old (but still good condition) flat screen monitors. I grabbed two the same and that  used standard power cables. I also grabbed a mini PC unit…..but again, no power unit.

Next came the ‘how to??’

Internet searching for power cables led me to smaller media units like the one I was able to purchase off eBay for a tenner (£10 GBP).

I needed an adapter from HDMI to VGA to connect to the monitor, again, off eBay for £5.

Once all connected up, I got this…

And that’s as far as it got. Played around with different ways to access the video, but my suspicions were confirmed when I messaged the seller about the video not playing. These are old devices and they don’t seem to like the newer, faster, more advanced video types. He made some great suggestions on how to attempt to convert to a usable file. So I went online and used video a converter to hopefully a more usable format.

No comments:

Post a Comment