August 21, 2020

Transmitter switch cover update.....3D printed

 What a nightmare trying to match up the thread for the new switch nut on the transmitter. After three attempts, I decided to go with one of my original ideas, which was to fit a switch cover/lock. So after a few iterations, I settled on this version.

switch lock cover - sound switch

I recessed the nut into the lower part of the bracket, making it easy to fit onto the threaded part of the switch. The locking part is pinned with a sel-lok pin through and is not too snug a fit onto the switch arm itself. This just means that the switch can't accidentally be triggered, not that it could be as it requires an amount of actual force to click it. But it looks good rather than just having the nut.

I'll post up on Thingiverse soon. So click follow and/or on Twitter for notification of it going live.

No comments:

Post a Comment