February 04, 2020

Electrical System Update 2020 -1.0

Did some more wiring at the weekend. The new switch position needed longer cables to reach the power distribution block.


Also fitted the switch panel into place.

I also test fitted the TCD (Trading Card Dispenser) behind the Utility arm. And temp fitted the control box to the inside of the frame. See next post for details and pictures.

Back to the wiring:
I am planning ahead this time with the idea of, if needed, being able to remove the legs in order for R5 to fit into my much smaller [than the wife's] car. This is something I had thought of when originally building R5, but due to set up time etc and being new, and the fact R5 could easily fit into the vehicle's we had, this was never needed.

So with this in mind, I wanted to fit plugs to the ends of the legs wires. Previously they were wired directly to the switch, preventing removal of them.

I had a look over on Thingiverse and found a few XT60 holder ideas. So why design one when someone has done so already. The one I used is this angled version, designed by Kamil Wijatkowski, link here.

The first print @100% was to big and the plug wouldn't be held tightly.
The second print I reduced to 90%, this was a better fit in one axis, but was now to narrow.
The third print, I mixed up the scales, 90% in the X & Z axis & 95% in the Y.
XT60 bracket

This produced an excellent tight fit!
XT60

Xt60

These are to be mounted to the inside of the frame for easy disconnection.

No comments:

Post a Comment