January 08, 2020

Another mini project 1.6 - ‘Trading Card Dispenser’ springs & axle

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020

First post of 2020:
With time off over Christmas I was able to do some work on this project and also R5 upgrades.

3D printing
So in my last post, I had set the printer to print over night and was expecting a completed print on my return to work in the morning.......NOOOOOO it had paused as had run out of filament! Quickly replaced with leftover real and continued printing. Only problem, it was Christmas Eve and we finished early.....so had to work over to collect the print before I could leave for the Christmas break.

Just after Christmas, the new (same size) springs and some different wire diameter springs arrived.

New Springs
The new springs are 0.4mm x 30 long. These are a lot firmer and more ridged than the original ones, which are only 0.3mm wire dia. These won’t be any good for this project as they are too firm. So it will have to be the 0.3mm wire springs.

The next item is the wheel axle is wobbly, so needs a guide axle on the other side. This goes back to one of my original ideas, but this time I’m fitting a metal rod rather than trying to locate with 3D printing.

More 3D Updates
Need to print out a few test pieces before I can test the final parts. A few other slight changes and then it's just some final small additions and this project should be complete....

No comments:

Post a Comment