May 20, 2019

Dome Bag - 2.2 work has begun

Friday evening I was home alone, so put The Last Jedi, on the TV did got to work on marking and measuring the foam and material ready for cutting out.

Dome foam protection, dome bag

First was marking the foam dome base. I first cut a square piece of the foam, then using the remaining of it, I wrapped the foam around the outside of R5’s dome & marked the thickness.
Dome foam protection, dome bag
This was then cut around [no picture].

Next was to measure up a distance that will protect the upper edge of the R5 dome. This was thencut and wrapped around the dome. The foam material I have is enough, but it's not long enough, so an extra piece has to be cut. Well it would just be waisted otherwise.
Dome foam protection, dome bagDome foam protection, dome bag

Here the side is being measured for the extra piece of foam.
dome bag, foam protection, r5d4 dome

This was as far as I got, cutting wise. Once this was done and dimensions written down. I made a start on the sheet material. It was laid out and the elastic corners, trimmed off and corners opened up so the sheet could be laid flat. I then marked out the round base and the start of the main side panel. Ensuring that I had enough for edging, folding over and the pull cord at the top of the bag.

I'll post up more in 'Dome Bag 2.3'.

No comments:

Post a Comment