November 10, 2016

Jessika 'Testor' Pava - Flight suit & Chest Box 1.3

Top section of box.
I measured and then cut to the length I needed, but then remembered that the angled end sections don't reach to the edge. So I had to cut it in half and trim down to correct length.
x-wing Control box

Then I started on the front angular, cutout section.
x-wing control box top section
This was my first time at cutting angles etc and just like the rest of this build, enjoyed the thinking behind how I was going to do it.

Here is a test fitting before the next stage.
x-wing control box

The next stage being the cut out on the front angle.

Next was to add support to the internal flat, I just layered up more cardboard.

And then glued it into place.
x-wing control box



I need to add the top pieces, to cover the visible join lines etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment