April 22, 2015

New switch for unlimited powerrrrrr....... lol

With the new sound board in, I needed to distribute the power but AFTER the main switch. I'd missed this little detail when installing the main power switch and hadn't left enough cable.

In the process of sorting this, I broke off one of the switch rear connection tabs.
So ordered another switch.

Due to the shortness of the cable from the switch to the speed controller, I needed to add in an extension cable. And rather than solder up the cable to the stitch, I fitted spade connectors with their holes opened up to take the switches screw's. I then fitted heat-shrink over to ensure contacts were safe and this also prevents the screws from coming out.
R5D4 power switchR5D4 power switch

Connected the last cable on and then fitted all back onto the control board.

No comments:

Post a Comment