January 23, 2012

R5-D4's Motivator - Bought Item!


Early birthday present came the other day, from the wife ;-), R5's motivator! Purchased from Don Jarr (via e-bay).

Motivator Astromech Droid R5-D4


Had originally drawn up ideas to make my own Motivator, search my labels for past posts. Then I saw a picture of of a Motivator on another R5, sprayed up silver (picture below). And was impressed!! So, adding to the continuity of the Motivator, I decided that this would be a nice touch.
Chromed Motivator [not my R5]

I will go down a slightly different finish route, as my Motivator will show years of use. So it will be dirty........... well it had blown! ;-D

I'm also planning on adding a Mesh grill to the top bore & a long locking bar to fit down through the motivator to hold securly inside R5's dome.

No comments:

Post a Comment