December 20, 2011

Ankle Cylinder No3 - 1.2 & Ankle Wedge No3 1.1


Sprayed up the cylinder and end caps with grey primer.






I then fitted the end caps into the cylinder and applied P40 inside to fix them in place. I've used P40 this time as these are going to be more 'exposed' so want to make sure they don't pop out etc.




Next I used wood filler to fill in the gaps and smooth things out a bit.



Using previous templates, I marked up and cut out pieces for wedge. Shaped to fit, used P40 to bond the sides to front face. This one only took me all in, half an hour to build.





Once the P40 had set, I sanded all the faces and ensured the curved area fitted over the cylinder. I then drilled and screwed the wedge to the cylinder.
Wood filler applied to gaps on the sides.
cut-out under screw was to help screw in the screw

No comments:

Post a Comment