November 03, 2011

Leg holes marked ready for drilling....

Last night, I positioned the leg onto the shoulder disc and fixed it useing the clamp stud I had made up. I aligned it to the correct angle, using the help of a printed out template I had drawn up on CAD.


Clamping bolt in place


Then using the same 10mm diameter wood bit used to make the shoulder holes and using them as a guide, I taped the end of the bit to mark the centre position for drilling.


Here are some other pics of the leg clamped :)
Side view of  R5 [pic's been inverted, I wasn't standing on my head to take it]

The bolts in position, holding the shoulder disc in place 






Today I took the leg into work to drill out the holes using the pillar drill and a 12mm diameter wood bit. As the hole needs to be this size to accept the T-nuts shaft.


I'll take the leg apart to fit the T-nuts at home, using the actual leg bolts to align them correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment